13262538

My partner has his 3 year old son for 3 days and 2 nights staying

Customer Question

My partner has his 3 year old son for 3 days and 2 nights staying with him every week. When he picked his son up form his mother today she informed my partner that their son had been unwel since Friday & bleeding when he wee's. She informed him that the blood has stopped but that the little one is too frightened to wee on the toilet now so she sits him in the bath?!?! strange i know but my partner questioned visits to the doctors etc. Apparently Friday she took their son to the doctors but the doctor didnt seem bothered so she called the Shrop doc Friday night who then suggested she give him less to drink and to take him the doctors monday.
This evening the little one was holding his wee in and when daddy carried him to the bathroom the 3 year old screamed pinching his dad holding him so tight as he was in such pain and distress and weed directly on to his dad whom just craddled and reasurred him that it was ok and he will be ok
We have called the shrop doc to which the nurse said there is nothing on record regarding Fridays visit or call so would speak to the doctor right away due to hightening concerns of his symptoms.
The doctor booked him in at the local hospital for 00.10 this evening!
My partner informed the mother who was beyond angry that she cany afford a taxi to the hospital.
My partner then recieved a call from the hospital to say the childs mother had called and has said she will arrange a doctors appointment in the morning and if he gets worse to take him in but the bed had been cancelled. My partner questioned this disisstion and explained that after their not being a record regarding Friday please would he consider that what ever the mother had said please realise it mays be lies - the doctor said that my partner must have misunderstood what the nurse said
I have reasured mu partner that the moment little one wakes up for a wee an ambulance will be called and he will be rushed in as a matter of urgency!
I feel neglect has taken place and that the child shoul be left in his fathers full custardy - am i right and is it possible?
For clarity - the Doctor wanted the child taken to hospital (understandably) and the hospital cancelled because the mother phoned them?
Sitting in the bath to ease the pain is in fact a valid bit of advice - drinking less is not - in fact drinking more is what needs to happen.
What has happened since you asked this question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi the doctor cancelled because the father informed the mother he was going to take him in and yes the shrop doc called and cancelled his appointment

The little one is in so much pain its awful to see

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I detailed everything in the first email and didn't receive a full answer
Is he on any medication at all?
Is your partner taking him to the doctor this morning?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he isn't on any medication at all

as soon as the little one wakes up they are going

I am concerned about his welfare when he is with his mother and the initial question is asking about this and also if my partner has enough cause to go back to court and fight for him

your answer is too generic please help with the first question in hand

Much will depend on the outcome of the visit to the doctor this morning.
If there is a serious issue then yes your partner may need to make an immediate application for an interim (emergency) residence Order while the court decides what is best for the child
You can read more about court applications here
http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
Please ask if you need further details (and please let me know how the child is)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The child has been given penicillin and cream and has also been referred for a circumcision as soon as possible as it was an infection, poor baby, He has weed this morning and didn't cry so is on the road to recovery

I am going to push my partner into fighting for his little boy as he was in so much pain for way too long

So it is clear that she did NOT take the child to the Doctor last week?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is clear as the nurse suggested on the phone - It makes me so angry as the little one suffered in the meantime.

Also due to her intervention on Sunday evening he had to wait to be taken in by his father Monday morning. Little one had been in pain since at the very least Friday morning

It was agreed on the phone between her and the shrop doc that she would arrange an appointment on 10th at 08.00 but even at 08.50 my partner couldn't get hold of her so took him to our local A & E department to be seen where he was treated straight away

PERSONALLY (so I mean personal not legal opinion) I see this as neglect.
I cannot promise that a Court would do so
However it is worth your partner considering whether or not this is a pattern of behaviour which is often repeated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you, I also feel the same way as I have a 5year old and wouldn't dream of leaving him over the weekend and certainly not in that kind of pain
I shall leave you now and am extremely grateful of your help! I understand that it wasn't the easiest of cases
I wish you the very best in the future
Kerry
Hi Kerry
You are welcome - and if you have any further queries feel free to ask for me