13262538

Post Nuptial agreement: Dos and Donts

Post Nuptial agreement: Dos and Dont's

Just an update on the situation, my sister is now considering a reconciliation with hubby. However we as the family are concerned given past experience with this man and his motives, we believe he is just after her money and assets. Can you advise on a post-nuptial agreement and what she must consider. Would you advise that she get agreement from him now on the following: 1. Property 1, can be gifted into trust for the benefit of her nephews and hubby has no claim to it 2. he claim no part of the marital home or her future assets/income, even though the legal title is held in moms name and she (the wife) has equitable interest in it.

I will do my best to help
I think it is essential that your sister gets face to face assistance in preparing an Agreement which accurately reflect sher assets.
It would also be sensible for the anomalies in property ownership to be resolved so that should there be a separation then there is a clear understanding of what the matrimonial assets actually are
Please ask if you need further details