13262538

I am financially separated from my husband and have been for

Customer Question

I am financially separated from my husband and have been for 8 years but have not got around to getting divorced. I have been living with my partner of 5 years for just over 3 years now. We have a joint mortgage on our current property and share all financial responsibilities. My partner is under the impression that I would be entitled to his private pension if I were to out live him (and vice versa). I thought that this would not be the case, unless I get divorced and then my partner and I marry?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you.
That depends on your respective Pension schemes and whether or not you have each nominated the other to receive the pension.
You should each speak to your pension providers to ascertain the situation
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I believe my partner has nominated me. We will each speak to our provider.

Excellent idea