13262538

I am at Decree nisi in a divorce and have applied for a financial

I am at Decree nisi in a divorce and have applied for a financial order. We have both been sent Form E and given a date for the first court hearing. My ex is now considering settling out of court. We have no property to split, just my claim on his pension plus arrears of spousal maintenance of £3,000. He earns four times what I do and has a new partner and a baby. I live alone in accommodation attached to my job. Can I stop the court order and sort out a consent order between us? Neither of us has a solicitor.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
As soon as agreement has been reached you can forward the Order to the court and at that point the process will end.
There is no need to withdraw the application - that could cause a problem if no agreement is in fact reached
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

Thank you. Does the order have to be formerly sworn in front of a solicitor first? I am not sure if I am better off going through to court having come this far so am nervous about accepting any lower amount, but also don't relish going to court.

No the Order has to be agreed and forwarded to the court
Only you can say if the agreement is worth it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I will wait then until the offer is acceptable to me.

If it is, am I right in thinking this must be done using Form A1?

You have already started the Process.
So either an Order is agreed and submitted to the court - or the Court process continues