13262538

Hi i have recently changed my childs surname through solicitors

Customer Question

Hi i have recently changed my child's surname through solicitors with my ex (the father) consent hes its all gone through and the name is XXXXX XXXXX now saying hes changed his mind and has seen a solicitor who says he can appeal the decision. He has no contact with my daughter and hasnt seen her since she was 2 shes now 7 also ive never recieved maintenance where do i stand
Just to check - he was consulted and signed the documentation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes my solicitor contacted him via letter he signed the form and sent it back i went into my solicitor on tuesday and signed the bits i needed to and came away with the name change deed now he is sayin hes seen a solicitor as has been told he can appeal it (he tells lots of lies and plays lots of mind games) but i need to know the legalities for peace of mind thanks
it is more mind games
It was all done properly and the consent was given freely - he cannot Appeal against something that he agreed to.
If he does make an application to the court then he will have to explain the change of mind - and given his lack of relationship with the child it is likely that the court would allow the name to be changed in any event
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi if he did take me to court wud that cozy him a lot of money?
If he does it himself then only £215 - if he instructs a solicitor then upwards of £1000