13262538

Hi me and my ex split up 2 months ago and i was going to her

Customer Question

Hi me and my ex split up 2 months ago and i was going to her house and seeing my daughter after work every Thursday for a hour but we had a big argument over her not letting me have my daughter on a Saturday afternoon and now she wont let me see her at all,what is the best thing for me to do,thanks lee
How old is your daughter and are you named on the birth certificate/
What contact do you wish to have with him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she is 1 year and 2 months and she has my name on the birth certificate,we were living together till we split up and im now at my perants house,would like to see her on a weekend cause i work 6 days a week you see ......

What contact have you actually asked for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Saturday afternoons

The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the Courts will enforce this if necessary
Since you are working full time it is reasonable for you to ask that contact is arranged around that - so Saturday afternoon is a reasonable request.
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) and you can find some ideas on this website http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
If that fails you can apply to the court for a Defined Contact Order which can then be enforced
You can read more about that here
http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
Please ask if you need further details