13262538

Hi I pay my ex wife maintenance for my two girls and I have

Customer Question

I pay my ex wife maintenance for my two girls and I have them around 8 nights a month,

She is now telling me she will not send a bag of clothes when I have my Daughters, and she is saying it's my responsibility to provide clothing including school clothes when they are with me.

I cannot financially support clothing for my house and maintenance, so can she legally demand this, as I had the impression my maintenance was for day to day living costs including clothing!!!

Jason
How often do you have them the night before a school day?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare

I normally have them 4 nights a month during school time, but I have my daughters 8 nights a month in total.
Around 98 nights of the year.

Jason
Which night of the week is it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Always a Wednesday and a Thursday nights.

Jason
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare

I have my girls on a Wednesday and Thursday night when I have them on school days.

Jason
So they arrive in their school uniforms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes they do, and I keep a clean set at my house.

Jason
I have bad news I am afraid.
Your ex does not have to provide you with any clothing for the children whilst they are with you.
Your Maintenance payment is discounted for the nights they are with you and accordingly on those days they are your responsibility.
However since they have their school uniforms on when they come to you there is no requirement for you to replace those - your ex can be expected to do that
Sorry to have to give you bad news
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok not really good news for me then!! Would I be able to apply to the courts to have this implemented, or do you think this would be a costly and risky to achieve.

Jason
Why would you need to apply to the court - the children simply come to you in their uniforms and you send them back in them