13262538

I am now sending a letter to the court withdrawing my consent.

Customer Question

I am now sending a letter to the court withdrawing my consent. Does the text below look ok?

I hereby inform the Court that I am withdrawing my consent to the draft consent order in this matter and request that the court informs me if the petitioner’s solicitors attempt to file this order despite being aware of my objection.

The grounds for withdrawing my consent are the following:
1. I did not have legal advice whereas the petitioner was supported throughout by a premier firm of solicitors. I wanted to resolve matters amicably but now realize I did not fully understand what I signed. I still want to pursue a negotiated settlement but need my own legal advice.
2. An important part of my compensation comes contractually to an end on October 1 2014. This has not been adequately reflected in the draft consent order – mainly due to point 1 above. This means that from October 1 I would need to pay petitioner more than 100% of my net income!
3. Petitioner did not disclose the value of her inheritance from her deceased mother.
4. More than 5 months elapsed since the ‘statement of information’ was put together. Since then the balances in the various accounts have mutated significantly which necessitates a renegotiation.

I apologize if this letter is not precisely in the format that the court usually expects. I am now seeking legal advice but wanted to preempt any attempt by petitioner counsel to file the consent order.

Yours Sincerely,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
The letter should end after the first two sentences
There is no need for the rest as no one is interested at this point in the reasons why - and should it become relevant ot will need to be dealt with in a different way.
The first two sentences do everything that is necessary