13262538

My Spanish friend has asked me to act as host family for her

Customer Question

My Spanish friend has asked me to act as host family for her 13 year old son from September for the academic school year. What legal papers will I need with regards XXXXX XXXXX guardianship and do I arrange it in Uk or does she in spain.Thanks
Will the child be living with your full time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare. Yes. The plan is he lives with us full time for a year while he attends local school with my children. He will have his own room.

Do both parents agree this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. Everyone is in agreement

Then all that is needed is as simple letter from the parents authorising you to deal with all health and medical matters whilst the child is living with you
If they are paying you to care for the child you should also report this as a private fostering agreement
with the local Childrens Services
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again. The parents will be paying for the childs food and clothing via me. I am not making an income from this just doing it for a friend so will it be necessary to register it with local childrens services. I work in early years education and have up to date CRB checks.

It is up to you- but could be sensible given your position