13262538

Me and my ex husband have a contact order for our son. We are

Me and my ex husband have a contact order for our son. We are to meet at our local train station but neither of us are to exit our cars. In the meantime he got a restraining order against me that stops me from harassing him but we are allowed to talk about our children. The man is very evil and has told the police many lies about me. He is very untrustworthy and he is trying to destroy my life. I refuse to meet him at the station as I'm sure he will make up lies about me and I need to protect myself. I wrote to the court explaining this and that I want the contact order varied. I've now had a reply and we have been told to still meet at the station. I will not meet him so what trouble will I get into if I don't meet him. Will the court prosecute me.
How old is the child and when was this order made?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My son is 6yrs old , the original order was made 3 yrs ago . If I don't turn up for contact for eg if my son isn't well, he just writes to the court again. He's mad, he even went to social services once as I hadn't turned up one sat morning. Our relationship is extremely hostile and my other 2 older children have cut him out of their lives. The recent order was made in November . The restraining order was set in another court case in January , that's when I wrote to the court asking for contact to be made without me and my ex seeing each other eg contact centre but it was denied. I am due to go to the station on Wednesday but I won't just to protect myself, but also no 3rd parties are allowed to be involved either . I've just had enough, and I've even suggested that he has full residence of my son to just stop these problems , but he doesn't want his son. I just want to get on with my life.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My son is 6yrs old , the original order was made 3 yrs ago . If I don't turn up for contact for eg if my son isn't well, he just writes to the court again. He's mad, he even went to social services once as I hadn't turned up one sat morning. Our relationship is extremely hostile and my other 2 older children have cut him out of their lives. The recent order was made in November . The restraining order was set in another court case in January , that's when I wrote to the court asking for contact to be made with me and my ex seeing each other eg contact centre but it was denied. In due to go to the station on Wednesday but I won't just to protect myself, but also no 3rd parties are allowed to be involved either . I've just had enough, and I've even suggested that he has full residence of my son to just stop these problems , but he doesn't want his son. I just want to get on with my life.
What contact does he actually have with the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wednesday after school 3.30 pm -6pm every other week also every other weekend sat 10am- sun 6pm every other week!!! I've even offered him to pick up my son from sch wed and then drop off back at sch thurs and again fri after school and then drop off back at sch Monday morning , so that I have no contact with him, but he says no!! I'm at the end of my tether trying to work something out.
What happened at the last handover?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Since the restraining order was put in place in January I told him I wouldn't meet him ever again but he was welcome to pick up my son from outside my house. He said no I will be at the station. So he never turned up to pick up on the Wednesday. The Saturday came and the same problem I told him he was welcome to pick up from outside my house, he told me I had 2 mins to get to the station or else !!! Obviously I didn't go, the man is evil!! So the next contact he agreed to pick up from the house. The restraining order is to stop me txting him, in a harassing manner , so I have to be careful what I txt him. But he just won't sort out any issues . The guy is just playing games with me.
There is cctv at the station and you do not have to get out of the car so can you explain what it is that you are frightened of?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That's a good point about the CCTV if it is in the car park. I am frightened that he makes accusations about me and lies . I picked my son up from outside his house once, the new wife took photos of my car, sent them to the police and said I was stalking her!! But the new wife didn't see that there was a date and time at the bottom of the photos which proved I was at there house at the right time to pick my son up!! Im worried they may do this again , they both are clearly out to get me!!! I can't honestly cope with much more .
Check the Station and find the CCTV.
Park there when you stop the car to collect/deliver the child
You can also get a dashboard camera
http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/dashboard%20camera/products
to keep in the car.
This is a better approach than stopping contact which will mean that you will face punishment by the court - anything from community service to imprisonment
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years