13262538

looks like the wife and I are going to split up we live in

looks like the wife and I are going to split up we live in the family home with our 3 children 7,10,12. there is about £850000.00 worth of equity and we have a further £50000.00 in shares.
My wife doesn't work and I am down on my luck at the moment earning £30k/year, unfortunately my job is at risk.
what would be an appropriate split in such circumstances.
How much does a three bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lots of small villages but between 350k and 600k

How was the purchase of your current property funded
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I sold my property and put 350k down in 2002 and my wife sold her flat and put approximately 60k down. bought for 600k the rest I have paid through my earnings.

How much is the property actually worth and how much does a four bedroom property in the area cost?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have not had it valued yet but I am guessing £900k also within a 5 mile radius a 4 bedroom could start at 475-500k

How will the care of the children be shared between you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well I would hope to have them as much as possible, I am out at work between 5.00am and 8.00pm so am really a weekend dad but would hope to have them as much as possible.

The Starting point for the division of the assets is 50/50 - but the priority for the court is the safe and secure housing of the children until they are 18
On that basis that she will have the ongoing daily care of the children a 60/40 split in her favour is likely - and since on the figures you gave originally a 60% share will allow her to purchase a four bedroom property then this is the likely outcome.
You will also have to pay child maintenance at 20% of your gross income
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details