13262538

Hi, I have been married to my husband for 35 years. We

I have been married to my husband for 35 years. We were both police officers, I left my career to look after the children and he stayed and now he gets a very good police pension. When I am 65 I will recieve a very small pension but as I was only in for about 8 years, it would not be enough to live on and no where near what my husband gets.

Am I entitled to a claim on his pension.

We have a total of 4 properties, all mortgaged in both our names, everything has always been 50:50. There is a large amount of equity on three of these properties.

We both have loans and a high credit card debt and these roughly equate to a 50:50 also.

I am 57 now, and the relationship is breaking down due to my husbands aggressive and abusive behaviour. At my age, I am finding it difficult to get a job although I do have good qualifications.

What would be the position with regards XXXXX XXXXX Police Pension and can I get any maintenance from my husband. I have two children ages 30 and 28. Thankyou
How much do you each earn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband gets a pension about 25K a year, we live on a farm and receive a rural payment of about 4.5K each year. We let a few stables to livery clients. We also let rooms in three of the houses we own as a partnership, we have not paid any tax for the last three years due to high expenses on the business. Any profits from the letting business is normally set off against the high losses on the farm as a partnership. I do not have current figures as the accounts have not been done for y/e 2012 or y/e 2013.

Neither of us work for an employer currently.

How much are the assets worth and how much are the debts?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Farm estimated at 700 with 180 mortgage

Letting property 1 worth 425 with 230 mortgage

Letting property 2 worth 225 with 110 mortgage

Letting property 3 worth 65 with 73 mortgage on

Debts. we both have a loan at 11K each

Our credit cards are approx £30K each

The starting point for the division of all the assets is 50/50
This includes the pension provision
This can be dealt with either by way of a pension sharing order - in which part of his pension pot is transferred into your name - or as an ongoing spouse maintenance order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details