13262538

My partner has 2 kids. they broke up in January 2013. She fell

Customer Question

My partner has 2 kids. they broke up in January 2013. She fell pregnant as they broke up so has a 3 year old and 15 month old girls. we got together in june 2013 and have recently just moved in together. He has been in contact with his kids most weekends but his ex specified that the kids were allowed no where near me or my 3 year old daughther. She said that he needed to prove himself in the relationship and then she would perhaps consider me being introduced slowly. As time has gone on she has got more and more nasty. We have both respected her decision for me to have no contact but it seems it willl never end. Even though he now lives with me she dictates that he can only have his kids at his parents house to make sure they no where near me. His parents cant agree to this every weekend as his mum is ill and cant couple for health reason for them to be there every weekend. His ex throws this at him saying he doesnt want to see kids when in reality with hers demands what can he do. Can she specify where he sees the kids?
What is her specific objection to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
None. We have all worked in same building for 2 years. As far as I can see she wante the relationship to work and she does not want him to move on and be happy. She knows who I am . All she has ever said is that she want him to prove relationship . She wants power and keeps coming up with rules which is making things more and more difficult
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
You have been together for more than six months and you have a child of your own so are clearly not a risk to children
This being the case your partner should try and discuss matters with his ex using Family mediation to agree your introduction to the children
If she will not agree then he will have to apply to the court for a Defined Contact Order - which iwll be successful in ensuring your gradual involvement
More details on these sites
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
Please ask if you need further details