Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

W How do I respond to an e mail sent by my expartner telling

Customer Question

W
How do I respond to an e mail sent by my ex'partner telling me when they require access and giving dates and time my ex does not pay his part of the mortgage or bills I am struggling to bring my son up on my own

Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information first:-

How old is your son?
How long is it since you and your ex split up?
When did he last see your son?
What's the usual pattern for him to see your son?
What arrangement is he suggesting in his email to you?
What would YOU see as the best arrangement for your son to see his father (ignoring the fact that your ex doesn't pay anything, because that would be ignored by the court in deciding how much he shoud see his son - although I know how unfair that must sound to you).