13262538

My daughter is in 6 form and was due to finish in September

Customer Question

My daughter is in 6 form and was due to finish in September this year she will be 18 she has now told me she is going to stay on another year, I have an agreement with my ex who has paid maintenance for her, because she has now said she wants to stay another year can I ask my ex to continue paying for another year, my daughter has a part time job does this make a difference.
Does he pay via the CSA a court order or voluntarily?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He pays voluntarily but if he stops paying can I take him to the csa ?
Your ex does indeed have to continue paying so long as your daughter is under 20 and in full time secondary education - basically so long as you are receiving Child Benefit you should also be receiving child maintenance despite her part time job
There is a page here
https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance
that confirms this - I suggest that you show it to your ex and confirm that if he does not continue with payments you will indeed make an application to CMEC (the new CSA)
I hope that this is of assistance