Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am a parent who is not in contact with my child but my ex

Customer Question

I am a parent who is not in contact with my child but my ex husband has an existing claim with the CSA.Due to my circumstances I do not pay any maintenance but the claim is live.my child is 14 years of age.I am now in a relationship with someone who would like to put my name(as a tenancy in common) on his property.Is there any claim that the CSA can make against this property if anything happens to my present partner and the property gets passed to me?
How much is the property worth and is it where you will be living?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Claire,the property at the moment is worth £300.000 but we are renovating it and it will be worth £400,000 when we finish in 6 months.we are living there now but at the moment it is solely in my partners name.there is also no mortgage on it.we plan to live in it long term.I just want to know if there could be a potential claim on it from the CSA in the future especially if anything happens to my partner and the property ends up mine

Brigitte
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have been waiting too long
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Am still waiting for an answer 24 hours later!!!!please can you answer.I have paid £22 for this service!!!