Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I divorced my husband 10 years ago and won custody of my son.

Customer Question

I divorced my husband 10 years ago and won custody of my son. Since then I have moved to a new house which I bought out right and the deeds are in my sole name. Recently our 10 year old son decided to live with his father. If I decide to sell my house to down size would my ex be able to claim to any monies for my son. I do have 2 other children who are 28 and 29 but are from a previous marriage.

Karen
was a final financial order made within the divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It states on my Decree Absolute that if there was a will made by either of us then , by virtue of section 18A of the wills Act 1837:(a) and (b)

There was never a will made.

Divorce affects the appointment of a guardian, unless a contrary intention is shown in the instrument of appointment, any oppointment under section5 (3) or 5(4) of the Children Act 1989 by one spouse of his or her former spouse as guardian is, by virtue of section 5 of that Act, deemed to have revoked at that date of the dissolution of the marriage

The Finances will have been dealt with as a separate issue and there would have been a separate order