Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Afternoon,I hope you are well?I have separated from

Customer Question

Afternoon,

I hope you are well?

I have separated from my partner who is currently in the latter stages of pregnancy. We cannot seem to agree on the correct path forward for the care and maintenance of the child. My ex-partner is prone to changing her mind and so my feeling is that I want to try and get some form of agreement (that can be ratified) by the court if necessary, in order that we have a working template.

I cannot have the uncertainty of not knowing when I can and cannot see my child and I have already had the typical threats of denied access.

John
When is the baby due and what arrangements have been agreed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

The baby is due in June and so far I am not allowed to attend the birth, nor am I allowed to see the child for the first 3 months and after that she has granted permission to see the child for 2 hours every second weekend.

I countered with a Friday - Sunday arrangement, every second weekend from birth, along with an arrangement for holiday and christmas periods, however this was instantly rejected.

John

Just to check - you asked to have the child overnight two nights fortnight from birth?