13262538

Please can you help, my daughters husband left her and their

Please can you help, my daughters husband left her and their 3 children for another woman since leaving he has run up debts on their joint bank account that he told he had stopped- is she liable to pay this.

How much are the assets and debts and what income do they each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Debt £900 assets non my daughter is now living on benefits as her husband left her with no money and he is off work sick at present.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have now answered the 1st question but please can you also tell me can she get her name taken off the joint bank account so that any future spending will definitely be his liability. She has tried closing it but cannot without his signature.

Just to check - do they rent their home and is he receiving sick pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes to both

Is he paying any child maintenance and is your daughter willing to start divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No he is paying nothing for his children and I think she may go for divorce but it was such a shock when he left she is still trying to get hers and the childrens lives back on track.

With regard to the bank account at this point all she can do is arrange for the account to be frozen so that the debt cannot increase
Within the financial side of the eventual divorce proceedings she can ask the court to order her ex to agree to the closure of the account after HE has settled the debt
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details