13262538

I have been advised by Caffcass to attend DVPP after some court

Customer Question

I have been advised by Caffcass to attend DVPP after some court finding were against me.
Though I had reservation regarding some of these findings but Judge said if I don't agree the court decision, then contact with my children will be limited to just indirect contact, which currently I am having. If I want a full contact with my children, I have to successfully complete DVPP.

I have attended few sessions of DVPP but so far it has been distressing. I feel like that I have to admit my violent behaviour whether I agree some of the findings or not and they are not interested in listening to the faults of other party.

Can you please advise what should I do in this situation and whether DVPP would affect my CRB?

I would appreciate a prompt reply.

Shahzad
Do you mean will completing this course affect your CRB?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that is what I mean but also my concern is that I may have to accept all or some of the findings of domestic abuse uncondionally (taking all responsibility upon me although I do believe other party was equally responsible if not more)in order to successfully completing the program.

For clarity - has there been a Finding of Fact hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes there has been where about half of the allegations were proven by the court against me and half were not proved.

A couple of times police was called by other party but no charge was mado against me by the police. Finding regarding one of those which involved police has been proven against me by the court.

Attending the course will not affect your CRB
However I am afraid that you will have to complete the course if you want contact to move on
I am sorry - but please ask if you need further details