13262538

Hi My husband has just left me, we have a child who is

My husband has just left me, we have a child who is 10 years old I currently work 35 hours a week and earn £925 a week take home he earns £1,900 a week take home. We have a joint bank account the mortgage is in joint names and we own a credit card which is in joint names our mortgage on its own is £507 a month plus all the other bills. I just need to know my rights and what I am entitled to and what he should be paying.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What are the other assets worth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The house is worth 215,000 approx. I have a car worth £2500 and he has a car worth £7,000 plus we have approx. £10,000 of assets in the house if not a little more I have £4000 of savings in an isa account and he has slightly more though how much I'm not sure of the figure.

We have approx. 18 years left on the mortgage.

How much is actually outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

88,000

How much does a two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have absolutely no idea possibly around there are hardly any 2 bedroom houses in this area they are all mostly 3 bedrooms the 2 bedrooms are usually only flats which go for around 125,000 and the 3 beds start at 190,000

What is your mortgage capacity? (this is relevant I am afraid)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im not sure I know on my wages alone I cant afford the mortgage as well as the bills as well as looking after my son I literally wouldnt have anything left my household bills alone are 398 pounds and that doesnt include food

What is your gross annual income?
clare
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

6600 and ive no idea of my husbands hes a fireman and I have no idea what gets taken out of his wages but he brings home between 1800 and 1900 every month he also has a pension which I havent gpt again no idea what its worth or how much he pays he has savingz of roughly 6000 but I dont know if he still has that as I cant access his account I have a isa with 3000 in it and thats everything

He will have to pay child maintenance at the rate of 12% of his gross income each month.
From this and your income from work and benefits you will have to pay all the bills and the mortgage
You may have a small claim for spouse maintenance - but only a very small one
You cannot be forced to sell the house until your youngest is 18 - or you cohabit.
When the house is sold you may well get a larger share of the equity - especially if you do not make a claim on his pension
I hope that this is of assistance- please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years