13262538

Hi Clare, thanks for answering my previous question. could

Customer Question

Hi Clare, thanks for answering my previous question.
could you give me a little idea where i stand with the house and possessions please? its just a rented house in joint name, i've always paid the rent and bills. we first lived together in a house that was just in my name, then for the past year we lived in a different house in a joint name. possessions, mainly my stuff before we met or stuff i've bought since we've been together.
donna left on her own accord, i've never asked her to leave. i think she's now looking to rent somewhere else. we have spoken about possesions what she wants, i'd just like an idea. the only one thing is a car we went halfs on that currently in my name, the last time we spoke she just expected me to give it to her.
thanks very much for your help
Shaun
How much is the car worth and is there any finance on it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Clare,

there's not any fiance on it, its only worth around £2000

we dont have any loans, credit cards, joint bank accounts, stuff like that

Much appreciated

shaun

You are entitled to keep everything that was either given to you or purchased by you alone -0 and she can keep everything that was given to or purchased by her.
So far as joint items - such as the car -are concerned you will need to negotiate this - or it will have to be sold and the proceeds divided between you
You can use Family Mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) to negotiate
Please ask if you need further assistance