Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My ex partner and I have been in a contact battle for over

Customer Question

My ex partner and I have been in a contact battle for over a year now. My daughter is 3, and a final contact order has been put in place. He see' sour daughter every other weekend, and then has her for a couple of weeks over the holiday period. He had just had her for 9 days over the Easter holidays, and that is the first time he's ever had her for thus length of time. My daughter, is acting so differently since being home. She's being naughty at play school, and I'm finding her really difficult to control. From what I can gather from her, she hasn't seen much of her father as he's been at work, and phoebe had been staying with her grandmother a lot. I've also found out that the house where my ex is living, there is also 2 other men staying. They are single, and have a lot omf women back to the house. The one guy is also taking drugs, and is possibly a drug dealer. My ex has used drugs in the past, but if he is living with a drug dealer, I'm not sure if he might b taking them again. I'm really concerned. As the next long visit she has with her father will be 2 weeks. I feel that this 9 days had been to long really, at her young age. It's to much for her, her routine is all messed up. She doesn't know if she's coming or going. I don't know what to do. Of I stop contact I'm in breech of the court order, but I really don't want to send her again for that amount of time. What can I do?
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information to be able to answer:-

What is the date of the final order?
What exactly did it state were to be the contact arrangements?
In the court case, was a Cafcass report prepared? And if so, does the final order reflect the recomendations of the Cafcass report?
As we are only in February, did you mean half-term holiday?
What is the date for the next long stay with her father?

You state "I've also found out that the house where my ex is living, there is also 2 other men staying. They are single, and have a lot omf women back to the house. The one guy is also taking drugs, and is possibly a drug dealer. My ex has used drugs in the past, but if he is living with a drug dealer, I'm not sure if he might b taking them again."

How have you found this out? Was the court (and Cafcass if a report was prepared) aware of your concerns?