13262538

Hi ClareMy son reported his ex girlfriend to essex social

Customer Question

Hi Clare

My son reported his ex girlfriend to essex social services and under instruction from them collected his son for an access visit and did not return him. Social services told my son that after reporting to them that if my son did not remove his son they would. As he didn't want his son taken into care, he took his son and did not return him. My son called his ex's father and explain what he had done and why. But the next day his ex and her mother came to our house forced their way in a took our grandson from our house.
We called the police but they said that as there was no court papers in place they were obliged to allow them to take him. We have contacted social services again and they say thet they have visited my son's ex and she does not look like she takes drugs and her mother vouched for her, we have offered to show the social services evidence that she takes them and asked that they check her medical records as she has a least twice been in hospital after taking drugs. And that she was being treated for depression and was set up to have councelling by her GP, but did not attend, but they have said that they do not want evidence as they are happy that there is no need to take this matter further. My son has applied for an emergency residency order and going forward with that. but we just don't know where to go now. can you please advise. thank you!
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that your son has done everything that can be done
He has reported the matter to Social Services and made the application to the court
There is no other action that he can take.
I am sorry not to give better news