UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi CAN I LEGALLY MOVE BACK INTO MY MARITAL HOME?! I left

CAN I LEGALLY MOVE BACK INTO MY MARITAL HOME?!

I left my husband 6 ago and began renting a house with our two children. He works from workshops on our property so he couldn't leave - its been 6 months and he has made no attempts to buy me out or secure a divorce settlement - he is seeing someone else and she is there all the time. I have no money my tenancy ends next month and this weekend he has gone snowboarding, I have a key - can I legally move back in?
The house was his when I met him, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the deeds or mortgage but I financially contributed all those years and at one point gave him £13.5k
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you have every right to move back into the marital home using the key you have, until your divorce is finalised.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Really!? That is great - so I can just move in and be there when he gets back from his trip? He will be very angry - can I insist that he does not stay there and gets somewhere else to stay until we are divorced?

Yes, it is that simple.

If he doesn't like it, you may suggest that he moves out, you cannot force him to move out, but you can certainly suggest that he does.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Even though my name is XXXXX XXXXX the deeds I can still go back?

Yes, absolutely.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much!

Welcome.