13262538

My husband and myself no longer live together however we jointly

Customer Question

My husband and myself no longer live together however we jointly own the property he is now living in. My daughter and her children are having their home repossessed and I want to allow them to move into the house that I half own. Her father is not happy with the situation. Am I within my rights to allow my daughter and her family to move into my half of the property?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you.
No I am afraid that you cannot insist that they are allowed to move into the Matrimonial Home
They could certainly do so if you were actually living in the property - although technically whenever you were out and he was in they could be asked to leave until you returned.
I am sorry I appreciate that this is not good news but I am afraid that this is the law as it stands
Please ask if you need further details