13262538

I have been married for 5 years and we live in a rent to buy

I have been married for 5 years and we live in a rent to buy property. we have no children and I would like to know if I can still keep the property and buy it after I get divorced. can I get him to live the property if I can prove that im paying the bills and rent and he has not payd any money towards rent for the last three months?
How long have you actually lived together and what income do you each have?
When was the last incidence of violence
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have lived together for the last six years and we got married 5 years ago. we have not been separated at all during this time. he has had periods of up to one week when he didn't come home and he missed the whole night several times. each of us is earning at least £320 a week and I get some extra up to 400 for overtime interpreting and I also do babysitting sometimes. I have been self employed for the last 6-7 years and he has been in full time employment at all times. since last year he has become self employed as well but he is still working full time and he also owns a café but I don't know anything about his business or how much profit he gets. he never brings home his wages and he makes me pay for housekeeping. he has not paid anything towards rent since 3 months.

the last incident of violence was 2 days ago and there has been another one about 1-2 months ago

If you cannot negotiate with each other using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
and agree which of you should remain in the property then you will have to make a financial application within the Divorce proceedings and the Judge will have to decide which of you will stay.
From what you have said there is a good chance that the court will find in your favour.
If he is violent again then you must call the police and you can then consider obtaining an order that excludes him from the property immediately
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details