Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have split up form my partener after 16 years of living together

Customer Question

I have split up form my partener after 16 years of living together with our 11 year old daugter. We are not maried, I have left the house and want to know if im entitled to any money to help rebuild my life as we only had 8 years left on our mortage.
Who owns the property?
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My partner owns the property and its currently worth £130,000 with 30,000 left on the mortage.

Several years ago my partner put me down on the credit refrence as having an interest in the property.

Dean

How was the original purchase funded and what financial contribution have you made?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The original purchase was funded by an inheritance that was left to her, she has used her wages to pay the mortage while we have been living off of my income. I aso used my income to renevate the property to its current standard.

Dean

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The property was purchased by using an inheritance she was left. She has used her wages to pay the mortage while we lived off my income. I also used my income to renavate the property to its current standard.

Dean

How much did you spend on Structural alterations or improvements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Around £10,000 but i doubt i still have any receipts as i wasn't expecting our relationship to end.

Dean

What did you pay for (no worries about receipts at this point)