13262538

Hi, she says he is the father,Hi Im am looking advise

Customer Question

Hi, she says he is the father,

Hi I'm am looking advise for my boyfriend. 4 months ago a woman he had a sex with after a couple of dates, turned up at his parents house, claiming their son (he was not there at the time) was the father of her unborn child, she would have been about six months pregnant. This was the first he had heard about this. The child was born at the end of January, although she didn't inform him until the middle of February, when she demanded that he meet he and his child. He did not respond to these texts and she kept sending photo texts, in the end he went to the police to stop them.

He really doesn't know if he is the father, as he was lead to believe that he wasn't the only person that she was seeing at that time. She has know put the csa on to him and every time he speaks to one of the advisors he is told something different.

He already has two children from his marriage that he has had to reduce payments for, as he has just brought his ex wife out of the family home.

According to one conversation with csa, regardless of whether he is the father, she will not be allowing him see have any contact with him, and doesn't want his name put on the birth certificate.

His main concern at the moment, is her treat to tell his children who are 10 and 11, and how he is supposed to find the money to pay for a child that might not be his, he didn't want and has no say in.

Can you give some advise on what he should be doing as he just doesn't know where to turn for help.

has he asked the CSA to arrange a DNA test?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you, no he hasn't.

Alfie

Then he should do that first to establish if the child is indeed his.
If the child is his then I am afraid that he will indeed have to pay maintenance - he will have to pay 25% of his net income divided two thirds to his ex wife and one third to this woman
If he wishes to have contact with the child then he can apply to the court for this
I am sorry not to give better news
Please ask if you need further details
C;are
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well