Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have been separated from my husband for 12months. He has

Customer Question

I have been separated from my husband for 12months. He has since met someone and is moving in with her this month. We have an eight year old son and he has asked if he can take him to spain with his new partner. I am not comfortable with this request but do not know what rights I have as his mother.
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information to be able to answer:

Since you and your husband have been separated, what has been the arrangement for him to see your son?How often does he see your son? with/without his new partner? Has your son ever stayed overnight with him?
Since you separated, has your son ever been away within the UK on holiday with his dad?

How long has he been with his new partner?
Have you met her? Has your son? If so, what's your & your son's view of her?
Has your husband provided details of exactly where in Spain the holiday would be? What would the accommodation be? Who else would be on the holiday?
How long would the holiday be for?
When is it supposed to take place?