13262538

Hello,What are the consequences for me not paying the money

What are the consequences for me not paying the money I owe to my ex husband for raising our child? He's got the custody over our child and I have got to pay him 80 leva per month. I haven't paid those money for the last 5 year.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will wait

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue searching

Which country do you live in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in UK, I am british citizen but my ex husband and my daughter live in Bulgaria

has he applied to enforce the maintenance here in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, he hasn't done anything yet.

I am just asking what would be the consequences if he decides that he wants those money. I read that I can go to jail for that...

Do you mean here or in Bulgaria?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in UK, I am british citizen but my ex husband and my daughter live in Bulgaria.

The bulgarian court last made the decision back in 2007 that he's got the custody and I have to pay him 80 leva per month which I havent paid

Sorry - i meant are you worried about consequences in the Uk or in Bulgaria
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well both to be honest.... I live in uk but I go to Bulgaria as well
I cam only give assistance on the Uk issue I am afraid is that sufficient?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, thats ok

If your ex decides to apply to have the maintenance order enforced here in the Uk then he can do so.
You will hear from your local Magistrates Court who can make an Order that money is deducted straight from your income.
Technically if you deliberately leave your job to avoid this then you COURT be imprisoned - but it is highly unlikely
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I read that if after 5 years he doesn't ask about those money then he won't have the right to apply for them. Is that true?

In terms of enforcement here no that does not apply as the UK court is merely enforcing the Bulgarian order
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years