13262538

In November 2008 a liability order was made by the court stating

In November 2008 a liability order was made by the court stating that £3626.35 was owed for all my cases since then I have paid approximately £600 off this arrears whilst still continuing to pay maintenance. The CSA have now stated that I owe ££9248.30 can they do this
Have they sent the breakdown?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

Yes they have sent me a breakdown and this is when I discovered they say I owe £9,248.28.

I have calculated the amounts from the start dates for each case up to September 2008, and the difference from what they say I should have paid and what I actually paid is approximately £8,800.00.

As I said the Liability order was heard on the 13th November 2008 at Liskeard Magistrates Court.

The aggregate amount was £3,626.25.

Do you still have the calculations from that time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I don't have the original assessments, I only have what they sent me recently, which is what they say they assessed me, any adjustments to the assessments and what I have paid since the beginning.

Dave

Just to check - the liability order was made for that specific amount?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I received a letter from the CSA dated 17th November 2008 saying:

The application for a Liability Order for £3,626.25 heard on the 13th November 2008 at Liskeard Magistrates' Court has been successful.

Please find enclosed your copy of the Liability Order.

The Liability Order says: Aggregate amount in respect of which the Liability Order is made £3,626.25.

Dave

Have you obtained a copy of your CSA file?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No they just sent me a detailed breakdown of my accounts.

However in one of the cases there was a sheet called Clerical Database Payments for the last three years and when I asked for a copy of the Clerical Database payments going back to the beginning and for all three cases, I was told they could not do that and that I shouldn't have had that sheet.

Also my cases were originally dealt with in Plymouth as I live in Plymouth, however when I started a new job last year Wolverhampton are now dealing with my case.

Dave

The starting point is for you to obtain a full copy of your file - £10 under the Freedom of Information Act - this should allow you to follow how the errors have occurred and allow you to challenge the figures
However be aware that the Liability Order only covers the sum stated - so if they wish to recover extra arrears (if there are any) they will have to apply for a further order
You can also get help from this group
www.nacsa.org,uk
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for you help. Who would I pay the £10 to and is it the CSA I ask for a copy of my file.

Dave

HI
You write here
The Child Support Agency Data Protection Unit
Room BP6002
DWP Benton Park View
Longbenton
Newcastle upon Tyne NE98 1YX
If you have a fax the number to send it to is 0191(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years