13262538

My husband and I have been married for 17years.ive always worked

My husband and I have been married for 17years.ive always worked part time and contributed to the bills.4years ago he got a job abroad,he works 8weeks away and 4home.since then he has been paying for every household bill.He sometimes leaves me money when he goes away for eight weeks.Recently he has got in touch with his 2 girls from his first marriage and snivel this,he seems to have really changed towards me.He has stopped giving me any money saying I don't contribute to the family,that he does it all.I only work part time and have bills of my own to pay.He seems to think he doesn't have to give me anything else because he pays all the bills.We have a son who is now 15.What has really upset me I had to borrow400pounds from him for my bills as I'd changed jobs,he has asked for this back but has told hid daughter she doesn't need to pay him back the couple of thousand she lent from him as she isn't working!!!
What happens when you discuss this with him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband gets upset and tells me I dont contribute to the family.in actual fact I feel if it wasnt for me working part time he wouldnt be able to work abroad.he will go out and buy shopping but will not hand over a bank card or cash.

he hasnt seen his daughters fr 20years and we constantly argue about them because he is always buying them expensive gifts sending one of them to a five star hotel everything paid for with expensive champagne in the room.he seems to be cutting us off.he has brought up my two children now age 21 and 30.im not even sure if mu don even knows hes not his biological fathet he was 2when he moved in.

I need to know my rights on all thisshould he be supporting us by giving me money weekly if he pays for everything? And rights for my childten now he has his biological ones back in his family.

one of which is actually milking him for what she can get snd if its not designer its not good enough!

I hope you can help me

From what you have said I am sure you do not wish to consider a divorce
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont wNt a divorce at all but he has mentioned if I cant change and accept his girls ages 26 and 30 we cant go on the way we do.he has also just invested fifty thousand pounds into a new oil company.

I just want to know all my legal rights.all bills are in my name but house is in his.isa in his savings in his name.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We got it for 130.000.not sure what is left on it.he has a porche.

I have a little corsa.I havexa loan and credit cards he fefuses to pay off as its my debt not his!

Should he be giving me a weekly allowance for shopping if he pays all bills ect.

I am so very sorry but I do not have good news for you as this is a relationship rather than a legal problem
I am afraid that whilst you are married and cohabiting it is up to the pair of you to agree how the finances are dealt with - he does not have to give you a set sum at all
If you are concerned about the position then you should try and arrange for couples counselling from someone like Relate
If you decide that his behaviour is such that you wish to end the marriage then within the divorce proceedings you can apply for both child and spouse maintenance - but clearly there will be other financial implications as well
I wish I could tell you that dealing with this will be easy - but clearly you have some serious discussions to have
Please ask if you need further details