13262538

I have 2 children and the oldest is currently 17yrs (born 23.8.96).

I have 2 children and the oldest is currently 17yrs (born 23.8.96). She left school after her GCSE in June 2012, and went to college for 1 yr and then gave up after doing AS levels. She therefore left college in June 2013 and started part time work albeit doing full time hours and is currently still doing this. She plans to go back to college in Sept 2014 and study Beauty Therapy for 2 yrs and states that she will be attending for 3.5 days per week, but at the same time she intends to keep working part time. My divorce states that I have to pay maintenance and "shall end on the later of the child reaching the age of 18 yrs or ceasing full time tertiary education at the end of first degree course and payments shall continue during any period up to 16 mths from the date of secondary education is concluded as long as the child shall intend to commence tertiary education at the end of that period... " My question is I thought that this would mean that I no longer need to pay maintenance once she had reached age 18 this coming August - would I be correct in thinking this ?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
From the wording of the Order I am afraid that it is clear that you will in fact have to continue to pay whilst she is on this course since she will remain in education and the Order says that this is covered.
I am sorry to give you bad news - please ask if you need further details