13262538

Hello. I am currently seeking some legal advice surrounding

Hello. I am currently seeking some legal advice surrounding my newborn son.
Since finding out my girlfriend was pregnant, I dropped out of university to seek full time employment so that I could provide for her and our son. I got a family sized car, begun renting a house for us to live in and provided everything from cot to changing table, with the financial assistance of my parents.
Our son is now 2 weeks old and my girlfriend has been living with her mum for the entirety of this time. My parents have seen our son on only 2 occasions, and now after dispute, me and my girlfriend have ended our relationship.
We have mutually agreed *verbally* that I will see my son 2 days a week. However he is yet to be registered, and despite begging to have my name on the birth certificate as his father, she has not agreed to this. I am desperate to provide financially and be a part of my sons life, but I am worried that my name will not be on the birth certificate and I will have no leg to stand on
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
You cannot force her to take you with her to Register the child I am afraid
However if she does not do so you can make two separate Court applications.
One for a Declaration of Parentage which will allow you to have your name added to the Register and a Second one for a Parental Responsibility and the right to be involved in all major decisions in the child's life
Alternatively she can attend with you to re-register the child.
You should try and discuss this with her using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
Please ask if you need further details