Ask a Family Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
- Parents bought house outright. The house is in parent's company name
- Parent allow disabled son to live in house alone
- Disabled son has made consented renovation of over 15,000 pounds to property with his own money
- If son's marries and lives in house alone with wife, is house likely to be classed as marital home if there is a divorce?
- The aim is to prevent home being taken by a potential wife if disabled son gets divorced. To safeguard against this, would a minimal rent payment (e.g £100 a year) by son to parent's property holding, for staying in the house, prevent the house being classed as a marital home that could be lost if a future divorce occurs