Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

have 3 children 1 aged 21 and twin girls 20. my ex husband,

Customer Question

have 3 children 1 aged 21 and twin girls 20. my ex husband, through court order agreed to pay £300 child maintenance. we have been divorced for 11 years. have had numerous turns in court regarding payments. in 2007 we ended up in court with a new agreement. with the £18,000 arrears wiped but payments to commence again at £300 pm. have since then had little ups and downs depending on his relationships status and his constantly moving in and out of homes he has shared with numerous partners. he has a full time job plus a internet motor bike business. since November 2012 he has not paid anything. i have sent him numerous texts, which he has chosen to ignore. we do not speak anymore because of it. what i am asking is in the agreement which we both signed it states he is to pay till the end of full time territory education or untill the end of their first degree. as all of our children are in university and are now in their final years of their first degree. 21 year older has done a masters spanning four years. does he need to carry on paying till they finish in June? or have i got it wrong? he seems to think that once they finished secondary education at 18 that should have been it and feels he has well and truly paid his duty to our children. could you please clarify if i am wasting my time in pursuing this avenue and if he is right. any advice will be appreciated. thank you. irene