How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I am currently going through a divorce, I have debts of £15000

Customer Question

I am currently going through a divorce, I have debts of £15000 + % which are the result of a challenged dismissal of employment at a tribunal. These debts came about while i was married 10 years ago. the solicitor who i owe the debt, put an order on our property to recover the debt on its sale. My wife is saying she will not pay half these costs from her share from the sale of the property and i should pay myself.

Can she do this
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you been married/living together?
What assets and debts are there and are there any children involved?