13262538

My sons ex partner has recently moved back home abroad with

My son's ex partner has recently moved back home abroad with their son (aged 7)and he has now received a letter from there stating he must pay a stated amount of money for his son or face prison?
However here the CSA has deemed him not earning enough to pay anything as he is self employed and receiving housing benefit, working tax credit etc. As he says how can he pay for this son that has left the country when he can't afford to pay for his 2 estranged daughters 16 and 13) over here. (He has two young children 4 and 2 living with him)
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that he will have to deal with this matter through the Swedish Courts
The Order can be enforced over here - and the Uk court can set a lower payment rate HOWEVER the difference in what he pays and what the order states will accrue as arrears.
Only the Swedish Courts can change that
I am sorry as I know that this is bad news but I have to explain the position that you are in
Please ask if you need further details