13262538

Me and my wife are just splitting up she has been divorced

Me and my wife are just splitting up she has been divorced before so knows a lot more than me how does the maintenance work out we have £400 a month morgage £235 a month loan which was used for home improvements and I took out a £150 a month loan so she could by a car and clear her debts after she builds them up I offered just under £1000 a month and she thinks she should have more she would have approx £400 of bills that could be reduced if she took smaller packages and then she would have to feed her self and 2 children 1 is 16 1 is 13 I said I would pay the £1000 till 13 year old is 18 all I can afford is a bed in a shared house am I being unfair she takes home £1200 plus per month I take home £545 weekly. Please can you give me a bit of advise thankyou.
Whose names are XXXXX XXXXX in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mine as my wife had terrible credit history always over drawn etc I feel like such a mug
Is that figure relating to your income before or after tax?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Both are after tax I thought I was being over generous or I will have to move into cardboard box outside no 2 ??????
How much do you earn before tax and National Insurance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
£725 before tax and national insurance per week
At present your liability for child maintenance is 16% of your gross income at most - so £500 a month.
You are of course also responsible for the loans in your sole name - so an offer of half of the mortgage on top of that until matters are resolved is more than reasonable in terms of maintenance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claee