Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My brother wants to leave his wife, he has always been the

Customer Question

My brother wants to leave his wife, he has always been the breadwinner, we are scared that she is going to take him for everything he owns, they haven't got 2 pennies to rub together. He is opening his own bank account and is taking responsibility for the debts (£15,000), they rent a house, and she drives a company car that he got for her from the company he works for. There are no kids. Could you give me a quick guide on what he needs to do to unsure that what she does from the separation date doesn't affect him. We tell him to go and see a solicitor but he can't afford to, as soon as his wage goes in she has spent it..

Sharon
How long have they lived together and what income do they each have?