Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

do my grown up children have any rights to a property that

Customer Question

do my grown up children have any rights to a property that was once their home in which my ex husband still resides with his new wife? The property was originally a newsagency business with living quarters, which I ran with my ex husband. I left the marriage with nothing, leaving the business and property to my then husband on the proviso that our children were provided for. I worked hard for 14 years and was the one responsible for the business side of things. The business then closed not long after I left which says a lot and I never received any maintenance whatsoever for my three children who were 11, 9 and 6 years of age at that time. The property remains my ex husbands home along with his wife and 9 year old daughter. The front part of the property is rented out to a blinds business The csa were unable to get any money on my behalf as it was difficult to prove that he was working. He only started working officially when my children were all older than 18. There were arrears through the csa but I have never received any of that either. My children are now 31, 29 and 26 years and a lot of time has gone by but it is always at the back of my mind that we were deprived of money that was rightfully ours.

regards

Irene Jones
Was there ever a financial order made within the divorce proceedings?
have you remarried at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I remember rightly I was only asking for £50 per week but i never did receive anything. I have not remarried.

What assets do you have now?