13262538

Hi i have got parental rights for a child who is not mine i

Customer Question

Hi i have got parental rights for a child who is not mine i am not on the birth certifacate,Do i have to pay maintanance for this child ?
How did you come to have Parental Responsibility for the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Through the courts both me and her mother took the paper work and had it stamped at the courts to say that i had parent responsibility over her when we got devorced as i have been brining her up as my own even though she is not mine and i am not on the birth certifacate

Then yes you are indeed liable to pay Child Maintenance I am afraid - but your ex CANNOT use the CSA to make the application as the child is not biologically yours
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok i have also found out she is now in contact with her real father this is causing real bad atmospher,how would i go about giving up my parental rights as im not going to be taken for a joke any more

Do you wish to give them up even though you would still have to pay maintenance?