Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Need to get a birth certificate , , I was adopted after mum

Need to get a birth certificate , , I was adopted after mum re married and never had a proper b/c
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask your year of birth please?

Joshua :

Do you know your date of birth and birth name?

Customer:

Zita allana----9 2 46

Joshua :

Joshua :

If you know your birth details you can order a copy of your birth certificate from the general registry office. If your search with them is drawing a blank it may be that either one or more of your pieces of information is incorrect or a mistake has been made with some form of data entry with your birth certificate.

Joshua :

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

Joshua :

In either event if your search draws a blank you will need to consider applying for access to your birth details and records.

Joshua :

TO do so you can use this form:

Joshua :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-or-access-to-birth-records

Joshua :

There may be a requirement that you are required to attend to meet with a counsellor before you are given access to your files under law. However other than this you can obtain access to your pre-adoption records which will enable you to track down a copy of your birth certificate or otherwise establish any errors in record keeping

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you any further?

Joshua :

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help with any further?

Customer:

Mybiogical farther is American i do have his name and where he lived does that help

Joshua :

Yes that information can be of assistance - as above you can carry out a search with the general registry office using the above link (again below). Hopefully you will find a record of your birth certificate using the information you have available. If not then you can apply for access to your birth records using the form I posted a link to above.

Joshua :

Joshua :

Are you happy with the information I have provided to you above or is there anything above I can clarify for you any further?

Customer:

No, you have been a great help Thank you so much-zita

Joshua :

A pleasure. If I can assist any further as the situation develops please do no hesitate to let me know.