Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi, my partner and I plan to marry, and as such she is in the

Customer Question

Hi, my partner and I plan to marry, and as such she is in the process of selling her house and moving in with me. She has three children. Her youngest child is 14, and thus at an important stage in his education. To enable him to complete his studies in his current school it has been agreed that he will live with his grandparents. My partner has agreed a maintenance amount with her mother, and remains responsible for her son in terms of overall parenting, aside from the fact that her son now lives 30 miles away from us. We now have an issue where the grandmother wants to take him away for a holiday in school term time. My partner is opposed to this - and made this clear. My partner is paying for the holiday for her son. Despite this, the grandmother has gone ahead and booked the holiday - which we know contravenes the education act. What lega option do we have to stop the grandmother taking her grandson away in term time - she seems to think she is above the law, and is disregarding her duaghters wishes.
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.\
Where are they going?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare, they are going to the Canary Islands. Regards, Ian
Who holds his passport?