Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My wife and I are seperated and I own the property but have

Customer Question

My wife and I are seperated and I own the property but have a small mortgage (£55000). My wife has taken out 'Home Rights' which prevents me getting a re-mortgage, which I require. How do I get her to remove 'Home Rights'?
How much is the property worth?
Have divorce proceedings started?
What settlement have you offered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You see. compensation (£400,000) was given to me by a court in 'Harley Street', all of which I spent on the property I Iive in, therefore by law it is protected as stated in the 'Acts of Parliament'.

The property cost £360,000 and is currently worth about £400,000, leaving me with nothing but the roof over my head and a massive (to me) mortgage (£692 p.c.m.).

Divorce proceedings have not started since neither of us can afford the court fees (in excess of £400), so we are still separated and I am giving her £150 p.c.m. which is at least five times what I have to pay by law (Acts of Parliament).

Incidentally, I have no income but 'Disability Living Allowance' and E.S.A.

I am afraid that matters are NOT as straightforward as you hope
How long have you and your ex lived together and are there any children involved?
Is the property adapted to your needs in any way?