13262538

My partners child is now 16, obviously still at school. We

Customer Question

My partners child is now 16, obviously still at school. We know that he has to carry on providing for her while she is in full time education but can we now give that directly to her as an allowance so that she can pay board and have some money for herself as she would if she had a job rather than carry on giving maintenance to her mother?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that money that you pay directly to the child does not count as Maintenance and accordingly your partner needs to continue paying the money to the mother if he doe snot wish to end up paying twice.
Please ask if you need further details