13262538

Can my boyfriends ex stop him seeing me at weekends with his

Can my boyfriends ex stop him seeing me at weekends with his son? We do not live together, I also have a toddler and recently we have all spent weekends together (overnight Saturday, twice) and she's now decided that when my boyfriend has his son at the weekend from now on he can no longer have contact with me and my son.
How old is his son and what reason has his ex given for this restriction by which I mean (and I am sorry but I have to ask) is there any reason in your past that could be used as an excuse?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, his son is nearly 3, there's no reason in my past that could be used as an excuse no. Marie

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer received
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer received
My apologies for the delay - sadly questions have to be dealt with in time Order
has your partner always been honest about where the child was staying and is there currently a court order in place at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, yes he's been honest, and no there's no court order, she's very manipulative and jealous of our relationship it seems so she's being awkward I think. Can she legally stop her son from having a relationship
with me, surely the child has rights?

You are correct - the law says that a child is entitled to regular personal contact with both parents and the court will enforce this if necessary
Your partner needs to try and negotiate with his ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) to resolve the issue but if that fails then he can apply to the court for a defined contact order that confirms when the child spends time with him - and that during that period it is up to him where they go and who they see
I hope that this is of assistance
There is more information on these sites
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
Please ask if you need further details