familylawexpert
familylawexpert, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Substantial experience (14yrs +) in divorce, financial cases, cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and civil partnerships.
75281287

I have ( comparatively ) low income , and ( comparatively )

Customer Question

I have ( comparatively ) low income , and ( comparatively ) high assets . It could be said I am asset rich but cash poor . What precedents affect the amount of child maintenance
I pay ?
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question.

If you just want to visit the CSA online support calculator, then you can find it here:
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-child-maintenance
However, the CSA is also entitled to take account of circumstances where the lifestyle of the payer is inconsistent with the income.

If you would like further specific assistance, then I would need a bit more information, which will give you an idea of the factors that are relevant.

- what is your income
- broadly speaking, can you give me an approximation of your capital assets?
- how many children will you be paying child maintenance for to this parent?
- are you supporting any other children?

Most people will simply be governed by the CSA's calculator, but if you have substantial capital, then the parent with care can apply for a lump sum order on behalf of the child(ren).

The parent with care can also apply

I notice that you haven't rated my original answer above, and so wondered whether there was any aspect of your question that I could help you with further?

Regards,
Mac