Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my mum passed away was bringing up my nephew. it was just verbal

Customer Question

my mum passed away was bringing up my nephew. it was just verbal agreement from birth my mum had him as his real mum my sister has parental responsibility for him. We have now taken him on my nephew his 15 yr s old this year. The court granted us stay leave till we get special guardianship for him. cut to the chase we were due for assessments from ss and they was checking with our children's school reports as they have special needs and behaviour problems thought this go against us i said to them ment to be checking on me not my children putting obstacles in my way never heard of it before, They said its like adopting a child i viewed it as giving nephew his security till 18 yrs old. Courts was happy we taken him on sister wrote to them giving us permission as she is a alcoholic. We are retracting the sgo order but said we are still committed to having our nephew till his 18 yrs old. My sister giveS us permission social services spoke to my nephew his told them his happy at mine we have had no involvement with them since. They seemed happy. Are we breaking any laws can we have my nephew with just my sisters pemission? The other Question is the court date set for us getting the sgo they are still going ahead with it even tho they have the forms for retraction of the sgo. So why are they still going ahead with the court hearing??? what do you think out come will be?
Did Social Services say that they had concerns about the problems your children were having?